Talanome is a full-featured, intuitive, easy to use Metronome app for every Carnatic Musician, Dancer, Teacher and Student of Carnatic Music and Dance!
You are not restricted to Carnatic Music however - The “Choose/Make Your Own Talam” feature lets you create *any* beat sequence you like, or choose from an ever expanding library! Use the “Live” mode to provide the tala in real time in a Bhajan or Bharatanatyam setting.
As quoted in "The Illustrated Companion To South Indian Classical Music" by Ludwig Pesch:
"A musician or dancer needs to acquire an ability to maintain an even tempo
(kalapramanam) if the finer nuances of rhythm are to be mastered"
Talanome lets you develop your kalapramanam and learn the invaluable art of following another's tempo which will help when transitioning to performances.
Talanome is also a learning tool for the newcomer - learn about Carnatic Talas along the way with its extensive information and help sections.
With Talanome, you get:
* Precision Sound Engine giving you precise timing at any tempo!
* 175 Suladi Sapta Talas (the main system of Talas in Carnatic Music today)
* 6 Chapu Talas (Tisra, Khanda, Misra, Viloma, Sankeera & Rupaka Chapu)
* "Make Your Own Talam/Choose Your Own Talam" lets you explore more exotic talas and beats from other genres by transcribing them easily with our Tala Editor. Importing and exporting talas are a breeze, and you can share easily via email.
* Talanome comes preloaded with
* all 108 Ashtottara Sata Talas,
* Dr. M.Balamuralikrishna's Mukhi Talas,
* B.C Manjunath's Fibonacci Tala,
* Fusion talas that Pete Lockett, a world renowned multi-percussionist, created and has kindly shared with us
* and now, Hindutani Taals!
* Choose from 20 to 350 Aksharas per minute, with fine-grained control over tempo and the ability to easily change the Kalam by speeding up or slowing down the tempo by a factor of 2.
* With the “Tap Tempo” feature, you can tap out the rhythm and Talanome will set it to the appropriate value!
* Count-In support to help get the Talam started and for Eduppu/Graham
* Nadai(Gathi) & Kalai support. Play the Talam with/without Nadai! Play it at different Kalais! Choose Chapu voicings for Nadai.
* Keep track of the beat and follow along with a visual representation of the Talam and bold beat numbers or counting phrases (like Thekas) - switch between different representations by double tapping the Tala Visualizer.
* Rich sound options:
* Great natural sound derived from a real Manjira and Nattuvangam
* Select from a pitch of 1 kattai (C) all the way to 7 kattai (B), with the ability to make fine-grained adjustments to tune to your choice of shruti
* Choose a hand clapping sound for a shruti neutral sound
* Ability to play alternate nadai sounds (mimicking Chapu talam voicings)
* Talanome supports background play and keeps playing even when minimized. It supports mixing with other audio/apps, so if you want to practice with your favorite song or instrument, you can still keep the perfect beat!
* Talanome supports Inter-App Audio with Host App controls and Synchronized Recording
* Volume control - control the volume level directly from the app. Useful when mixing with other audio/apps. Turn it down completely if you only want visual cues.
* Get detailed information about each Tala, including video demos
* Learn more about Carnatic Talas in the reference section
* Help section has a detailed write-up on Talanome’s abilities for your benefit
* Fits in your pocket - no bulky boxes to carry around and it is a multi-functional educational tool to boot!
* Supported on the iPad as a native app
Like any good metronome, Talanome keeps a precise beat, which is important when you are trying to hone your skills, either while singing, playing a percussion instrument or dancing. With Talanome's sound engine, you get the precision of timing that you need and ought to expect!
Version 9.2.1 release notes
* Pitch/Shruti information can be toggled between Kattai, Hindustani
(Safed/Kali), Western, Midi, and Frequency
* Fix issue of text in picker views getting cut off