Wotja is an awesome 'generative music' creator, lab & player system. It generates music, MIDI, melodies, cut-up text and lush ambient & drone soundscapes. It has a rich history, too, being the evolution of SSEYO Koan, Noatikl, Mixtikl & Liptikl.
This app is both FREE and AD-FREE.
Pro options: 'Pro S' Subscription or 'Wotja Pro 20'.
ALL-IN-ONE CREATIVITY SYSTEM
• Music Creator: Easily create beautiful music & MIDI ideas using powerful generative, text-to-music & randomization techniques
• Music Lab: Experiment with composition, mixing, sound design & scripting for interesting results ranging from experimental right through to ambient and drone
• Music Player: Auto-generate a continuous stream of mixes with 'Flow’ or create a playlist - use for relaxation, reflection, meditation, sleep & installations
• Lyric Generator: Use the 'cut-up' technique to create ideas for song lyrics, haiku, poetry and text-to-music etc.
WOTJA USER REVIEWS
"Great app, complex, deep and unique", "Simply the best", "Masterpiece"
• Create, edit, randomize, save & export mixes, mix boxes, sound & FX networks, scripts & cut-up text
• 'Flow' mode for a succession of freshly generated mixes
• 100s of gorgeous generative music templates & Sound/FX presets
• 48 independent content cells in 12 tracks for live mixing/generative cell sequencing
• Music Engine (IME) with 130+ parameters for generative (MIDI) music generation including a 'text to music' capability for melodies
• Sound Engine (ISE) with ’Macro Oscillator 1', a port of the popular open-source sound generator from Mutable Instruments, plus many other synth & FX units + presets
• Text Engine (ITE) supporting word locking, syllable rules, word alternatives, 5 source fields & more
• 2 built-in Albums of relaxing mixes
• Support for: Multi-channel MIDI In/Out; Recording to WAV, MIDI & Video; SF2; Sleep timer; Dark/Light UI; iCloud; IAA, Audiobus, AUM, Ableton Link etc.
• Opens Noatikl, Mixtikl & Liptikl files
• Personal Live Use (LU) Licence for Feature Set
AVAILABLE FEATURE SETS
• 'Lite' (Default, no Subscription required): Restrictions - 10 min auto-timeout (press play to restart); Track 1 editing only; Ch1 MIDI In/Out only; various recording & other restrictions (see website)
• 'Pro S' (In-App Subscription required): All 'Lite' Feature Set Restrictions are unlocked
Subscription Groups 1 and 2 are *independent* of each other. Subscriptions are easy to cancel at any time.
Group 1: Feature Set
• Pro S ($0.99) - Unlocks ’Lite’ Feature Set Restrictions
Group 2: Commercial Live Use (LU) / Tip Jar
Check EULA for permitted use and tiers. NB: You can also use these Subscriptions as a form of Tip Jar!
• C0 License ($1.99)
• C1 License ($3.99)
• C2 License ($9.99)
• C3 License ($19.99)
• Prices shown are for US region and may change from time to time.
• Each Subscription Period is 1 month, auto-renewing.
• Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by the user & auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase.
From a double BAFTA award-winning dev team, Wotja is the continued evolution of the legendary 'SSEYO Koan', Noatikl, Mixtikl, Liptikl & Tiklbox. It uses a combination of AI Techniques & heuristics we’ve been crafting for nearly 30 years.
• Info, FAQ, Guide, Videos & More: https://intermorphic.com/wotja
• Privacy: https://intermorphic.com/privacy
• Terms: https://intermorphic.com/tos
Something not working right? Please do get in touch via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options. Thank you!
Version 20.1.4 release notes
FIXED: Allow mixes to work where a Cell's underlying Template has been deleted or is no longer available (for example, a user saved Template [.noatikl file]); All Cells include all Template data, edited/amended as relevant, and Cells with missing Templates no longer appear as empty or display a Red bar but instead the Cell Info File Path field has ” (MISSING)” appended to the end; NB: Cells with missing WAV/MIDI files still display a Red bar
IMPROVED: Display of text for Mix content cells and IME Voice cells where the
text was always single line and was scaled to fit (and so could be unreadable) is now multi-line, word-wrapped on spaces, centered and scaled to fit
IMPROVED: Display of text on small screens better as the IME parameter group name is now multiline so the whole name is visible, and Synth/MIDI/FX cells have better text sizing
IMPROVED: File Path display in Cell Info:
- Always shows full file path, rather than just "-" for files without "parent" folder
- If the file path has a complex parent path that we think represents e.g. the iCloud folder
or the Wotja Folder, then we replace all of that with “[Wotja]/”
- If the app thinks the content is from a Pak, it prefixes the path with "[Pak]/"
CHANGED: Documentation link #player-box changed to #player-playlist
If anything is not working right then please do get in touch via our Help Page 'Contact Us' options.
P.S. If you enjoy this release (and more will come during 2020), then please do leave a positive review and rating - we really appreciate them! Tim and Pete