PolyNome is used by the world's top musicians including Peter Erskine, Virgil Donati, Chris Coleman, Vinnie Colaiuta, Dave Weckl, Dennis Chambers and Will Lee.
“PolyNome is great for teaching, practicing and rehearsing. The rhythmic and the subdivision possibilities are endless. Plus, this is the only metronome I’ve used that you can actually LEARN from. Simply brilliant.”
Peter Erskine (Steely Dan, Weather Report, Kate Bush)
PolyNome gives you all the tools you need for practice, teaching, rhythm composing, and live performance. In addition, our free Public Library provides hundreds of user-created Presets and practice routines to inspire you.
Works on your iPhone, iPad, and Mac in both portrait and landscape. You can sync the data between them. It's also designed to run in split-screen mode on an iPad.
Regularly improved and updated with new features.
Optional Premium subscription is not required to use any of the features listed below.
- Practice with full drum grooves
- Program any rhythm, no matter how complex
- Add stickings, flams, drags, accents and rolls to rhythms
- Automate entire practice routines
- Set goals, schedule your practice, automatically track what you play, and keep notes in the journal
- Voice count rhythms and time signatures with a couple of taps
- Generate 2 & 3-way polyrhythms with ease
- Generate stroke guides for rudiments
- Add konnakol to any rhythm
- Shift and randomise stickings and rhythms to generate new exercises and inspire new ideas
- Enter any time signature (including irrational signatures like 5/6)
- Precise and accurate metronome
- Faders for subdivisions
- 2 fully programmable independent sequencers
- Super fast tempo entry and Tap Tempo
- BIG NUMBERS DISPLAY
- Variable swing
- Any time signature
- Auto stop with rep counter
- Countdown timer + alarm
- Practice Events are logged. You can add notes to your events
- Subdivisions from whole note to 64th notes with EVERYTHING in between
- Flams, Drags, Ruffs, Diddles, Rolls, Ties, Accents
- Dotted notes
- Haptic pulse
- Audiobus/AirTurn/iRig compatible
- Track your practice time. View charts of what you've worked on. Set goals.
- Randomise rhythms and sounds for ear training and groove creation
- Record/Export audio file
- 200+ more sounds, including DrumLine
- 6 Octave Piano Keyboard
- Konnakol entry
- Import setlists from Tempo or Tempo Adv
- Create band setlists with count-offs and song notes, and generate PDFs
- If you enter the lengths of the songs, PolyNome calculates the set length as you add them!
- Create songs/clicks with multiple tempos or time signatures
- Create nested tuplets
- Create a "Cue Track" by turning on Auto Announce.
- Auto tempo change for quick warm-up/cool-down routines
- Advanced voice counting helps you when working on odd-time signatures
- Subdivision counting for 16th notes, triplets, or 8th notes
- Auto-Counting adds correct voice count to your rhythms!
- View statistics and graphs of your practice time
- Daily Journal for general notes
- Test your timing with random muting of notes or bars
If you sign up for the optional Premium subscription, payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase after any free trial. Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period. Subscriptions may be managed by you and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to your Account Settings after purchase. Any unused portion of a free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription to ‘Premium’, where applicable.
Version 22.01.3 release notes
This update improves the Mixer Lock functionality (view What's New in Help for video explanation)
NEW: Mixer Lock improvements
- Turning on Mixer Lock will leave it enabled when you close the Giant Fader. That means you can use the regular mixer to change volumes for the entire playlist. The mixer will have a red border when mixer lock is enabled.
- When you enable Mixer Lock by tapping the padlock, the fader strip will turn dark red. This means Mixer Lock is enabled and any volume changes will be applied to the entire playlist. To apply the existing volume of the Giant Fader you’re viewing, tap the fader handle and the strip will turn bright red to indicate the volume has been set for the Playlist.
- To adjust the volume of just a single preset when in mixer lock: tap to show the Giant Fader, disable Mixer Lock by tapping the padlock, make the change, then tap the padlock again to re-enable Mixer Lock.
- If the Playlist is in edit mode with certain items selected, Mixer Lock volume changes will only be applied to the selected items.
- If Mixer Lock is disabled, but you have a Section Header selected, Volume Changes will be applied to the entire section.
NEW: Marker position improvements
- If you change the Marker Position of a Playlist item while in Mixer Lock, you’ll be asked if you want to set the same position for the entire playlist.
- If you change the Marker Position while the Playlist is in edit mode with multiple items selected, you’ll be asked if you want to modify it for the selected items.
- If you change the Marker Position while a Section Header is selected, you’ll be asked if you want to change it for the entire section.
- If a Playlist is in Edit mode with multiple items selected, mixer changes or Marker Position updated will be applied to only the selected items.
If you find any bugs, or have requests or questions, please email me - email@example.com
LIVE DEMO/Q&A SESSIONS:
Don't forget that Premium members can also join in the regular Live Demo/Q&A sessions. These sessions are an opportunity to learn the deeper features of PolyNome and get your questions answered directly.
If you enjoy using PolyNome and have a few moments to leave a review it's very much appreciated.
Thanks for using PolyNome,