Musk MIDI Player: Your instant MIDI player - just add sounds and MIDI files!
* Load any MIDI file and sound library (a small General MIDI sound font is included)
* You can search the web for MIDI files and download.
* Play MIDI files up to 8 times slower or faster
* Transpose MIDI files.
* Follow the MIDI notes on the keyboard and distinguish different MIDI channels
* Read along the lyrics
* Let the app speak the lyrics during playback
* Let the app announce the bar and beat numbers. So you can easier follow the notes in a printed score.
* Mute or solo tracks or use them to navigate
* Use automatic sound switching or customize the sound associated with each MIDI channel.
* Mix with the original sound. (Deactivated on iOS14, reactivated on iOS15)
Integrated web search:
* Use the built-in web browser to search for MIDI files on the web.
* The browser highlights MIDI (.mid, .midi) and Karaoke (.kar) links.
* Downloaded files play back immediately.
* Jump to a specific position using a slider
* To jump back to that position using the repeat button
* Jump to the position of certain meta-events (lyrics, markers, time signature, key signature and tempo changes)
Supported file formats and extensions:
* MIDI (mid, midi)
* MIDI karaoke (kar)
* Sound fonts (sf2)
* Downloadable Sounds (dls)
* Logic Pro EXS-24 instrument files (exs)
* Audio Unit Presets (aupreset)
* Zip files (zip)
Importing files via:
* ITunes: transmission via Mac or PC
* ICloud: synchronizes the data on all your Apple devices. (Network connection required)
* Other Apps from the manufacturer this app: All of his apps access to the same iCloud directory. (No network connection required)
* Safari: search for a website that offers SoundFonts. Click on the file. Wait until it is downloaded. Then select this app in the "Open In" dialog.
* Mail: Select the attachment and select this app in the "Open In" dialog.
* Other apps: use the "Open In" dialog. (Dropbox, Google Drive, SkyDrive)
Inter-App-Audio, Audiobus and Core-MIDI support:
You can use the audio output of this app in other apps:
* Record the mixed-down audio output in Garageband, AudioShare or other apps.
* Add sound effects in GarageBand, VoiceSynth or other apps.
* Use this App as a MIDI-Generator in Audiobus or in apps that can receive Core-MIDI notes.
* Speech output can not be sent to other apps.
* Which app combinations are possible depends on Your hardware and Your sound fonts.
* Playing MIDI files with many notes per second can push older devices to their limits. When you hear a scraping noise, try lowering the playback rate.
Version 2.9 release notes
Experimental SharePlay support.