MultitrackStudio turns your iPad into a digital multitrack music recording studio. You can record, edit and mix audio and MIDI tracks. Both "one man band" recording, adding tracks one at a time, and live multitrack recording are supported.
Both audio and MIDI tracks can be edited. MIDI editing features include pianoroll, drum, score and pattern editors. Tempo and time signature can change throughout the song.
MultitrackStudio for iPad comes with many high quality audio effects including a guitar amp simulator. MIDI instruments include GM-compatible MultitrackStudio Instruments, SoundFont Player and Matrix Sampler. External (hardware) synths can be used as well.
AUv3 audio effects, instruments and MIDI effects are supported, so 3rd party apps can integrate into MultitrackStudio.
The straightforward user-interface has been designed with tape-based recording in mind. It's easy to use yet powerful.
• Up to 16 audio/MIDI tracks, audio tracks can be mono or stereo.
• Editors: audio, pianoroll, drum, score, MIDI patterns, MIDI controllers, tempo/time signature and song.
• One effect return section.
• One master section.
• Three effect slots per mixer section (two for MIDI tracks).
• Effects: Automated Fader, Chorus, Compressor, DeEsser, Echo, EQ, Flanger, Guitar Amp, Master Limiter, Noise Gate, Phaser, Reverb, Rotor, Saturator, Stereo Imager, Tremolo, Tuner and Vibrato.
• MIDI instruments: MultitrackStudio Instruments (General MIDI compatible), SoundFont Player, Matrix Sampler, up to four Virtual MIDI Apps and one CoreMIDI output device.
• Supports Audio Unit effects and instruments and MIDI effects (the latter require iOS 12).
• Supports Inter-App Audio effects and instruments.
• Supports Audiobus (acts as output in Audiobus app).
• Supports MPE and MIDI 2.0 (MIDI 2.0 requires iPadOS 14)..
• MIDI sources: onscreen keyboard (keyboard, chords, drum, matrix and various string layouts) and one CoreMIDI input device. Supports Bluetooth LE MIDI.
• Supports Bluetooth audio output.
• Audio sample rate: 44.1 or 48 kHz.
• Imports .wav, .aif, .mp3, .mid and various other audio file types.
• Exports .wav and .mid files.
• Import/export audio/MIDI via Document Picker, iTunes File Sharing, AudioShare, General Pasteboard or email.
• Imports/exports .zip file containing all files needed to open song, compatible with MultitrackStudio for Windows/macOS.
• Lyrics/chords prompter and editor.
• Also works with mouse/trackpad/keyboard (requires iPadOS 13.4).
The Pro Extension (available as in-app purchase) adds these features:
• Up to 32 tracks.
• Either an extra Effect Return or up to 8 Groups.
• Two extra Effect Returns on 12.9 inch iPads.
• Multichannel audio playback.
• Mixer and effect automation.
• Audio pitch shifting in track editors.
• Time stretching in track editors.
• Tempo editor can process audio tracks.
• Stretch and Stretch Accelerando in tempo editor.
• Multi MIDI Editor (edit multiple tracks in a single editor)..
• Create new song using current as template.
• Convolutor effect with Vintage Reverbs.
• Load custom speaker IR in Guitar Amp.
• Dynamics effect, supports sidechaining.
• Multiband Compressor effect.
• Phase Inverter effect.
• Transposer effect.
• Vocal Tuner effect.
The Track Pack (available as in-app purchase if the Pro Extension has been purchased, 64 bits iPads only) adds these features:
• 64 tracks (instead of 32).
Version 4.2 release notes
• 3 additional track colors. The existing ones have been fine tuned.
• MIDI tracks respond to MIDI keyboard if one of its effects is visible (just like it already did for the instrument slot).
• Supports MIDI NRPN parameters.
• Dot Editor now has Position box and "To grid" button. Applies to Automated Fader, MIDI controller and automation editors.
• AU plugins that crash no longer lose their settings when they're reloaded.
• Fixed: Volume fader in audio track Edit Control pane could cause crash under certain conditions.
• Tempo editor 'Stretch Accelerando' option (from SEL menu) now works as expected with mouse or trackpad.
• mouse/keyboard: 'Option' mouse modifier for track's Play, Rec, Mute and Solo buttons: toggles all same-color tracks.
• mouse/keyboard: Shift key can be used in Pianoroll/Drum editors to ignore the Snap button, so you can add/move notes anywhere.