Mixet is a multichannel setlist player for bands or solo musicians wishing to supplement their live performance with prerecorded backing tracks.
Many musicians, same as I do, play in a band where other members (bassists and drummers mostly) may miss rehearsals, or you may play a show in a small venue or an art opening where drums are impossible, or maybe you need to practice at home like you’re with a band. Backing tracks are a great solution, however, the standard player is not enough. We need to control the way the next song progresses, we may need a metronome, count-down, or specific audio interface outputs to recreate the presence of the missing member – sending a bass track to a bass amp makes a great difference when comparing to mixed stereo on portals.
Mixet app is a simple way of playing multichannel backing show sets on iPhone and iPad. No accounts, no uploads. It’s focused on simplicity and usability.
Main app features:
• Sets – songs – tracks – channels. Organize your songs in sets, add tracks to songs, send any track to any audio interface output.
• Metronome and countdown with audio sample rate accuracy
• Ableton Link integration to push the tempo to all your plug-ins and bandmates on every song start
• Visualizer reflecting song dynamics
• Open from Files, GarageBand, or other audio apps
• Click tracks for practicing
• Large play button, never miss it in the show rush
• One touch to change a song — unique picker navigation
• Control auto-rewind, auto-progress, count down, repeat, and more
• Universal design optimized to all orientations and device sizes
• Remote control on Apple Watch and lock screen
• Prevent from sleeping options
• No accounts, no uploads - your tracks are yours.
Ableton Link Integration
- Tempo auto-push
Mixet uses Ableton Link technology to push the playing song tempo to the jam. You can enable the Automatic Push feature (the "link" icon in the playback options) so the song tempo will be pushed automatically to the jam once you start the playback. Note, Mixet does not update tempo when peers change it.
This is a great way to synchronize the tempo of all your effects such as delays, to match your pre-recorded backing tracks, and keep the program for your concert.
- Start / Stop sync
You can enable the Start / Stop sync in Ableton Link settings (the link icon in the Sets view) so all jam links supporting this feature will start playing along with Mixet. You can disable the Stop sync to ensure that no peer can interrupt your show accidentally.
Version 1.5.8 release notes
Receipt validation on macOS.