Luminair is a professional-grade lighting control platform that gives lighting designers, filmmakers and TV professionals, musicians, artists and other enthusiasts advanced control over DMX-enabled lights, as well as "Smart" lights via Apple HomeKit.
Control any light... Luminair's Fixture Cloud library contains almost 24,000 fixture profiles, built upon data licensed from Carallon.
Luminair 4 adds a wide range of user-requested features like multi-universe support, RDM support (beta), user interface improvements, Universal Search, support for Apple HomeKit, and so much more.
Move beyond the lighting console! Join us and see why Luminair has been setting the standard for mobile lighting control since 2008!
Try it FREE for 2 weeks, with all features unlocked, and no obligation. See offer details below.
- 1 to 4 DMX Universes (512-2048 Channels, depending on Subscription level)
- 1 Art-Net DMX Input Universe for creating Snapshot scene recordings from another lighting console
- RDM Support (Beta)
- Works with any Art-Net or sACN E1.31 compliant DMX interface
- Transmits Art-Net, sACN E1.31, and/or and KiNET over built-in Wi-Fi hardware
- Supports DMX over Bluetooth with LumenRadio BLE CRMX devices, MoonLite and TimoTwo
- Supports wired ethernet connections with 3rd-party ethernet adapters
- Project based system allows you to create different documents and switch between them easily
- Advanced document viewer allows you to save projects in iCloud, 3rd-party services like Creative Cloud and Dropbox, plus external disks and flash drives
- LTP faders with fully-configurable scene parameters
- DMX FX Engine with a Movement generator, Oscillator, Color Looping, Random Color/Intensity and more
- Palette/preset based movement system allows you to control and edit movements of multiple moving lights together in unison
- Sequences allow you to play back scenes with customized fade and hold times
- Sound Active mode allows for music controlled light shows using the built-in microphone, or external sound sources
- Innovative tap-to-bump gesture allows you to quickly bump the levels of a scene while holding it's button, releasing those levels when let go
- Supports simultaneous control of DMX and HomeKit lights in the same project
- Touch ID powered Lockdown mode allows you to lock specific parts of the Luminair user interface
- Includes Luminair Remote for Apple Watch (on iPhone devices)
- Supports various external control methods as MIDI, MIDI over Bluetooth LE and Wi-Fi, Geofences, OSC Input
- Additional support for 4 Universes, Scheduling, DMX Input Triggers, iBeacons, MSC, MTC, and HomeKit Button Triggers available with Luminair Pro Subscription
- 64-bit app with a scalable UI that uses the latest Apple technologies like iCloud, Core Animation, Core MIDI and more
Please visit us at https://luminair.app
for full details.
IMPORTANT: Luminair requires external DMX or HomeKit hardware to control lights, but can also be used in an "offline" mode for building projects and as a learning tool.
Access Luminair Standard or Luminair Pro with monthly or annual subscriptions. You will be automatically billed through Apple every 30 days for monthly subscriptions or every 365 days for yearly subscriptions until you cancel your subscription. The first billing will occur after the one-time free trial period of 2 weeks. Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period. Your subscription can be managed and the auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the App Store Account Settings after purchase. No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period. Any unused portion of the free trial period will be forfeited when you purchase a subscription during the free trial period.
Version 4.0.3 release notes
Luminair 4 is here with an amazing amount of new options... This is the biggest update in Luminair's history!
We’ve been listening to your feedback and have implemented a ton of feature requests as new options in v4. Features like multi-universe support, RDM support (beta), a brand new, rich-metadata-filled fixture library with data licensed from Carallon, contextual and conditional real-world fader values, support for Apple HomeKit, and a macOS version (coming soon). Starting with this release we’ve made a decision to move to subscription-based pricing for all new feature updates. Existing features from v3 will remain functional for v3 users and you will continue to receive maintenance updates.
With that out of the way, here’s a look at what’s new in v4 and beyond:
Free new features:
- Adds support for Apple HomeKit lights, outlets and switches
- New iPadOS Sidebar offers increased workflow flexibility and speed
- New document selection UI
- Open and save project files anywhere on the device, including external USB drives
- New Pinch/zoom gesture to resize fader and scene buttons
- Dark Mode support
- Support for iPad Magic Keyboard and Trackpads
- Tons of other improvements and bug fixes
New subscription-based features:
- Rich, Cloud-Based Fixture Library based on data licensed from Carallon
- DMX Channel Slot metadata with Gobo Images, Color Swatches, and more, complete with contextual and conditional real-world values
- Full 16-bit support
- RDM Support (beta). Discover, add and manage RDM fixtures with ease.
- Revised "Group" feature now allows you to automatically control fixtures with similar parameters simultaneously
- Edit Blind mode
- Switch fixture modes easily from within the project, without having to load a new profile
- Replace Fixture option allows swapping with another light or profile while retaining scene values
- New "Hide" option allows for main controls view customization
- Enhanced Color Control with new Mixer, Gel, and XY pickers
- Multi-Universe support (PRO)
- DMX Input Triggers (PRO)
- Universal Search
- Green/Magenta adjustment
- New On/Off DMX control
- MIDI "Talkback"
- And much more!
Subscription Feature Roadmap:
- macOS version coming soon. Use Luminair on iPadOS, iOS and macOS under a single subscription!
- Improved Fixture Cell Support
- Swatches in CCT and Tint pickers
- Monthly fixture profile updates through the cloud
- More frequent new-feature updates. Many new top-secret features are already in development. Stay tuned!
Visit the new web site at https://luminair.app for dull details!
User experience is important to us. For further assistance with this update or any other issues, please contact us at https://support.luminair.app