Jam Synth is a fully featured monophonic guitar synthesizer / multi FX for iOS. It tracks the pitch and amplitude of an incoming guitar signal and uses this information to control digital oscillators, adding a unique guitar infused edge to your synth leads. Unlike typical pitch to MIDI converters, Jam Synth forgoes MIDI altogether when producing sounds internally because it is impossible to shoehorn the expressive pitch and dynamics of a stringed instrument into the MIDI standard. Jam Synth can accurately track string bends and vibrato with the extreme accuracy of a strobe tuner (1/10 of 1 cent) to produce much more organic synth sounds than other guitar to MIDI converters, including its own MIDI output (though its MIDI output still creates quite a unique guitar / synth hybrid sound because of its pitch bend abilities). It also features some of the most esoteric and unique FX you can get for your guitar.
• 3 Phase Distortion Oscillators (4 on iPad) with 8 different wave shapes: Saw, Square, Pulse, Double Sine, Saw-Pulse, Resonant 1, Resonant 2, and Resonant 3
• Filter can be set to track picking dynamics
• Input section with Gate, Compressor, ADSR, and Input Filter
• FX section
- A fully featured LFO with 5 wave shapes and an invert switch for a wide range of pulsating effects
- Stereo Delay with a stereo width control for ping pong effects and a filter for emulating analog delay
- 3D Chorus, a classic "motionless" chorus that adds a stereo DIMENSION to the synth
- Intelligent Harmonizer: This creates musically correct harmonies based on the key you are playing in. The harmonies can be altered by choosing a specific interval and one of the seven musical modes: Ionian, Dorian, Phrygian, Lydian, Mixolydian, Aeolian, and Locrian. It works on MIDI output using multi-channel pitch bending for synths that support such fancy things. It also works on your dry guitar output using high quality formant corrected pitch shift. It is the best.
- Rotary Vibe: This recreates the swirling psychedelic sounds of the 1960's by combining a thick 12-stage stereo phaser with a 3D rotary panning effect. Create anything from a slow stereo swirl to a futuristic synth organ with this.
- Rainbows: Adds analog modeled auto rainbows to your sound. Adds extra rainbows when used with the harmonizer.
- Time Stopper: Freezes time...
• LFO / Stereo Delay / Rotary Vibe can be synced to tap tempo or incoming MIDI clock sync / Inter App Audio sync
• Highly accurate pitch tracking and tuner, accurate to 1/10th of a cent
• MIDI OUT and guitar to MIDI conversion for controlling other MIDI synths with your guitar through Core MIDI accessories and Virtual MIDI
• string bends and vibrato are converted to MIDI pitch wheel data
• picking dynamics are converted to MIDI volume expression data
• compatible with guitar and audio interfaces made for iPhone and iPad
• detailed user manual
• Audiobus 2: the legend of curly's state saving
• Audiobus 2 filter slot. IMPORTANT: Jam Synth is designed to track the pure tone that comes from your guitar pickups. If you are going to send it a signal from another app you should use the input FILTER on the input page to filter out any extra harmonics or noise that may be present in an already-processed signal
• Fat Bass
• Super Chip Leads
• Beagle Time
• Pizza Party
Jam Synth is designed to be easy to use even for users who don't have a lot of experience programming or playing synthesizers. When in doubt, just press buttons and turn knobs while plucking a string until you find a sound you like!
You must AT LEAST have an iPad 3 / iPhone 5 for best performance due to the fanciness of the DSP
Version 1.2.2 release notes
This app has been updated by Apple to use the latest Apple signing certificate.
- better iOS 8 compatibility
- New IAP: Rainbows! Adds analog modeled auto rainbows to your sound. Adds extra rainbows when used with the harmonizer.
- New IAP: Time Stopper! Freezes time...
- Harmonizer now works on MIDI output
- Harmonizer sends multi channel pitch bends to synths that support such fancy things
- Dry guitar output is now passed through the app
- Harmonizer also works on dry guitar output using high quality formant preserving pitch shift! Wow!
- Transient detector added to enhance the triggering of note on events
- Audiobus 2 w/ state saving
- Audiobus filter slot. IMPORTANT: Jam Synth is designed to track the pure tone that comes from your guitar pickups. If you are going to send it a signal from another app you should use the input FILTER on the input page to filter out any extra harmonics or noise that may be present in an already-processed signal
- Inter App Audio node / sync
- Better sounding graphics
- Audiophile quality fonts