ID700 is a hybrid FM/waveshaping software synthesizer based on the voice architecture of the Buchla 700.
ID700 runs in standalone mode and as an AUv3 plugin (Logic Pro, GarageBand, AUM, Cubasis 3).
In 1987 Don Buchla released the Buchla 700 synthesizer. It was the next logical step from Don's previous digital synths (the Buchla 400, Touché, Buchla 500) but was also influenced by the synth trends of the 1980's, specifically FM synthesis and the all-in-one workstation concept. As usual, Don was ahead of the curve and the 700 never took off. Very few were sold and even fewer functioning units exist today. I always loved the sound of Don's digital oscillators, and combined with the scarcity of the instrument it seemed like a fun project to recreate it in software and reintroduce its concepts to the world.
* AUv3 and Standalone support on iOS
* twelve voices of four operator FM with twelve unique algorithms
* fourteen complex envelopes per voice
* two hundred professionally designed presets
* two waveshapers per voice
* preset randomizer
* over forty factory wave shapes plus an editor for user created shapes
* Scala scale file support with over four thousand included tunings from the Scala scale archive
* MPE (MIDI Polyphonic Expression) capability for MPE controllers like the Roli Seabord, Linnstrument, and Sensel Morph
* advanced MIDI implementation (including 14-bit CCs and Program Change)
* an in-depth manual (60+ pages) is available in the app and from our website
* iCloud support for sharing presets, waveshapes, and tunings between devices
* up to 16x oversampling
Version 1.26 release notes
AUv3 plugin now correctly registers as MPE capable in Ableton Live