"Different Drummer blows my mind and that's pretty hard to do."—Dave Taub, drummer for Billy Idol, John Lennon, Yes and many more.
Don't let the name fool you. Different Drummer is a powerful rhythmic MUSIC generator for ANY instruments or samples (with harmonies) that happens to work Very Well for drums too. It's also an amazing Midi Controller and MIDI file creator.
Create everything from simple or complex patterns, non-repeating music, straight or poly rhythms, human or robot feel, arpeggios, chord progressions, fills, sequences and much at your fingertips using this one-of-a-kind app.
This may be the best music idea finder anywhere in the galaxy!
This is an essential tool for those seeking new beats and sequences but our customers say it best:
Most used app in the toolbox *****
"I have plenty of music apps...synths, DAWs, sequencers, beat boxes, effects, drum machines...you name it, but Different Drummer has been the MOST used of all of them."
This is your secret weapon in the quest for innovative beats and music that make sense yet defy the status quo. Different Drummer taps into the primal source of all rhythm—waves. DD puts out multi-track music which is lifelike and primal at times and out of this world at others. It's a rhythmic music synthesizer that uses waves to play any sound in astonishing ways that vary from electro to dubstep to tribal to classical.
This software was created with music in mind—but in the spirit of discovering what is next in music, not just finding a new way to do the same thing like so many music apps do so well. If you are a pioneer or care about where music is going, this app is for you.
Easy to start learning, always discovering more. Adjust note, rest, tie, panning, beat and dynamics waves for the ultimate range of expression. You will never exhaust the endless possibilities of Different Drummer and you are guaranteed to discover legit beats that no one has ever heard before.
No matter how many apps you have...not having Different Drummer is a loss. To not possess this musical wonder is committing a Groove Crime in your studio or live setup!
• 8 Sampler Tracks + Jam-along track with 6-wave Cyclophone Controls plus 2 harmonies on each main track.
• AudioBus 3 with State Saving, Remote Triggers and Inter-App audio out & background play
• Stereo audio recording. Export via Audioshare, Dropbox or iTunes or AudioCopy or General Pasteboard (to GarageBand for example)
• Ableton Link 3 enabled
• Zenterface™ let's you work in a more simplified radial view and is just fun!
• Progression Composer makes it easy to create guide tracks or multi-track arpeggios
• Jammer panel to play along with the music
• Jamlets panel lets you create endless action buttons for live jamming, saved with your presets
• Control drum pitches, rests, ties, dynamics, panning and beat value using additive waves
• Instant Capture in case you hear a killer beat you want saved on auto random
• Save Wave Presets to Wave Library and share with other users in Community
• 37 Preset Drum styles you can fully mess with (these are for fun, not the main purpose)
• String Wave Sets together in saved Sequences and share in Community
• Export Wave Sets or Sequences as MIDI Files (via iTunes, AudioShare, Email or Dropbox)
• Over 190 drum and sound FX samples with more added every update
• Add your own 24-bit samples via iTunes (WAV or CAF), AudioPaste or DropBox
• Over 75 musical scales to assign drums or instruments to as well as key
• Channel Volume, Filter, Distortion and Reverb Mixer
• Set Key, Tempo, Swing and Time Signature
• Automation for randomizing and morphing playback with snap-back option
• MIDI Sync Out and In
• Up to 8 Channels of MIDI Out
• Dedicated Wave for any Midi CC with Learn
• Core MIDI lets you play other synthesizers and drum machines on your iPad such as Animoog and NLog Pro or external hardware
To hear Different Drummer in action and learn more please go to www.technemedia.com
Version 5.2.2 release notes
Fixed bug in new harmony feature and added to iPhone
Improved UI in iPhone version and fixed bug on Midi Note and Channel
Fixed bug on Jammer Beat selection
Added numeric labels so you can see the current value of the ƒ buttons
Added ability to drag waveform partials into negative values
Fixed graphic glitch in wave display