Castamatic is the best app to listen to podcasts on any iOS device. Quickly assemble a custom sequence of shows to listen to or create a smart playlist, and listen to your favorite shows with enhanced audio quality, thanks to Castamatic's machine learning enhanced Auto-leveler DSP algorithm.
Not completely happy with the current feature set? Castamatic wants offer a complete boutique experience: send us an email with your issues or suggestions, and we will do our best to fullfill your wishes.
The "On the Go" playlist lets you pick the episodes you want to listen to in your next listening session and assemble them in a playlist just before leaving. The On the Go playlist will mantain the same order in which the episodes were added. You can then move and rearrange them manually. As soon as an episode has been completely listened to it will be automatically removed from the On the Go playlist. You will always find your On the Go playlist synced on all your devices.
quickly jump to favorite topics (available for podcasts that support ID3 chapter marks).
-Smart playlists with priority shows.
-Manual "On the Go" Playlist
quickly pick shows for the next listening session.
-Automatic or manual playlist reordering:
sort playlists by date, or arrange them in a custom sequence.
-Support your favorite producers with Podcasting 2.0 and Value4Value features.
-Full support for Siri shortcuts
-Program dependent Automatic Leveler:
increase audio level consistency between different parts/voices of each show, without altering original audio character.
increase play speed without losing intellegibility by shortening silent parts. Available in three levels for maximum customization.
spare network traffic downloading only the parts you want to play, when you want to play them. (Or automatically download the whole thing as soon as it is published).
-Apple Watch support:
control playing, volume, pick episodes, control audio effects directly from the watch app.
take your favorite shows with you in your car.
preview shownotes without interrupting currently playing show (on older devices the same feature is available by long press).
sync subscriptions and playhead position. Pick subscribed shows on any of her iOS devices and resume playing from the point you left.
-AudioUnit API based custom player
for maximum performance and minimal battery drain.
our studio can go out of business but Castamatic will keep on working until there are podcasts to listen to on planet Earth.
Subscription (in app purchase)
Castamatic is supported by advertising. A subscription is available to remove all ads.
Subscription title is "One Year Premium Subscription"
The duration of subscription is one year.
The price of subscription is 8.99 US dollars for one year of subscription, and can vary for different countries and currencies.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end
of the current period
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and
identify the cost of the renewal
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the
user’s Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We don't feel confortable interrupting your listening experience to ask for reviews, but if you are feeling generous with your time please take a minute to leave a nice review. Thank you very much for your support.
Version 9.0.13 release notes
- Fixed bug causing chapters and artwork to glitch when skipping to the next chapter
- Improved loading of chapters, both ID3 integrated and podcasting 2.0 format
- Added an option to the share link shortcut to include play position
- Moved "streaming" label in a less invasive position
- Podcast titles are now html encoded in the opml export file
- Fix for rss feeds containing many different transcript files
- Boostagram destinations list is now collapsable
- Completely new audio engine.
- Support for Podcasting 2.0 "Value Time Split"
- Many bug fixes
- Fixed resuming from the wrong point in time
- Fixed wrong progress reported after an audio session interruption
- Fixed audio meters when GapZapper is enabled
- Fixed background image in watch player
- Fixed crash when pressing share button on iPad
- Fixed crash when subscribing a new podcast and immediately dismissing the panel
- Improved rss feed caching
- Reduce memory usage during RSS feed updates
- Fix for boost transactions mistakenly marked as failed
- Better handling of low memory conditions
- V4V local fees have precedence over remote splits
- Fixed missing complication on watch
- Trying to fix duplicate entries in the download list
- New integration with GetAlby.com
- Globally set stream and boost amount
- Minor bug fixes
- Added support for subtitles
- Modernized the UI with SF Symbols
- Fixed progress indicator during first sync / import
- Fix: Respect user indication not to download new episodes when activating iCloud sync
- Added option to mark episode listened in player
- Small bug fixes
- Chapter artwork is now displayed in CarPlay
- New option to pause playing and load next episode in the playlist at the end of the current episode
- Improved iCloud sync
- Improved background updates
- Added titles of inclulded podcasts in playlist cell
- Fix for finished episode not marked ad listened in iCloud sync
- Fix for a crash when marking all episodes in a playlist as listened
- Fix for not resuming playback after some audio interruptions (notifications, calls...)
- Many minor bug fixes
- Renewed CarPlay user interface, with controls for chapters and audio effects.
- New optional remaining episodes badges
- Podcasting 2.0 support: search for new podcasts on Podcast Index and support your favorite shows with Value4Value
- Add or play single episodes from a podcast without subscribing
- Removed all Google Analytics and Ads libraries to prevent abusive behaviours with user's data.
- New "Whats New" panel
- New widget
- Automatically skip advertising chapters, intro and outro (configurable for generic and per-podcast keywords and time).
- New high performance audio engine, Airplay 2 compatible.
- Improved audio effects.
- Completely new CarPlay integration.
Fixes and improvements:
- Finer control of priority podcasts in playlists.
- Improved management of onboarding panel.
- Many minor bug fixes.