One of the best sounding guitar apps around — with each single note of the guitar carefully recorded. Highly playable user interface with easy access to hundreds of chords that can be visualized just as they would be played on a real guitar.
With GuitarCapo, playing guitar and learning chords turns into a breeze. With simple clicks you can discover the most unique chords. In addition, you can use the built-in capo to transpose chords — just like on a real guitar! With GuitarCapo however, you are shown the name of the new chords you're playing!
Made with passion and 20 years of guitar experience.
"...One of our favourite apps, GuitarCapo+ is now even better..."
"...There are several "play like it's a real guitar" apps for iOS currently available, but what I like about GuitarCapo is its simplicity and unique versatility which no other app in its class offers..."
"... this is a very useful tool for any guitar player to have to hand on their iPhone or iPad..."
"... a virtual instrument and a whole lot more ..."
"... this is a very useful app indeed ..."
— thesoundtestroom @ YouTube
"... few combine the features of GuitarCapo+ ..."
Already downloaded in 80 countries.
You will find configurable buttons that provide direct access to hundreds of chords with a simple click. In the chord library you will find everything from simple chords to more advanced jazz chords. (full version give access to the extended chord library)
All chords can appear on a chord display indicating how they could be played on a real guitar. If you tap them, the chord will be played. This is an amazing way to learn new chords!
The effect mixer allows you to change the sound as you desire; pan each string, delay, reverb, distortion, EQ and volume. You can also save your settings for later use as a preset. (full version)
With support for Audiobus, you can use GuitarCapo as a virtual guitar and send sound directly to other apps that also support Audiobus. Read more about Audiobus at audiob.us
With support for Inter-App Audio (IAA) , you can use GuitarCapo as a virtual guitar and send sound directly to other music host apps also support IAA.
With MIDI-in support you can play the sounds in GuitarCapo from any other app sending MIDI or a external MIDI controller through i.e. your Camera Kit
Use GuitarCapo+ as a MIDI controller with MIDI out. This means that you can control the sound in other apps that support MIDI in, ie apps such as iGrand Piano, SampleTank or record MIDI in you favorite sequencer such as Cubasis
MIDI is available in the full version
- Adjustable strum speed (full version)
- Interactive Chord Chart
- Moving capo from 0 to 7 fret
- Select a chord by tapping a chord button
- Easy to set up new chords
- Play on one or several strings at once
- Support for Audiobus
- Inter-App Audio (IAA)
- Effects Mixer with individual string pan and delay, global reverb, distortion, EQ and volume (full version)
- Storing and loading your own effect presets (full version)
- MIDI-In support (full version)
- MIDI-Out support (full version)
- Sound selections on the fly (full version)
- Unique string fading feature
- Rotate chord buttons and displays
- Hundreds of chords! (full version)
- Online User Manual
- Hours of fun :)
Version 3.1 release notes
Please continue your support by leaving a review in the App Store. It means everything!
- New electric guitar with long samples (in full version)
- Two more buttons on the chord pads
- BPM-indicator (iPad only)
- BPM stepper (iPad only/in full version)
- 5 fingerpicking strum patterns (iPad only)
- New menu (iPad only)
- New design on the main screen (iPad only)
- Maintenance updates on audio engine and Audiobus/IAA libraries
- Bug fixes