Castamatic is the best app to listen to podcasts on any iOS device. Quickly assemble a custom sequence of shows to listen to or create a smart playlist, and listen to your favorite shows with enhanced audio quality, thanks to Castamatic's machine learning enhanced Auto-leveler DSP algorithm.
The "On the Go" playlist lets you pick the episodes you want to listen to in your next listening session and assemble them in a playlist just before leaving. The On the Go playlist will mantain the same order in which the episodes were added. You can then move and rearrange them manually. As soon as an episode has been completely listened to it will be automatically removed from the On the Go playlist. You will always find your On the Go playlist synced on all your devices.
-Smart playlists with priority shows.
-Manual "On the Go" Playlist
quickly pick shows for the next listening session.
-Automatic or manual playlist reordering:
sort playlists by date, or arrange them in a custom sequence.
-Full support for Siri shortcuts
-Program dependent Automatic Leveler:
increase audio level consistency between different parts/voices of each show, without altering original audio character.
increase play speed without losing intellegibility by shortening silent parts. Available in three levels for maximum customization.
spare network traffic downloading only the parts you want to play, when you want to play them. (Or automatically download the whole thing as soon as it is published).
quickly jump to favorite topics (available for podcasts that support ID3 chapter marks).
-Apple Watch support:
control playing, volume, pick episodes, control audio effects directly from the watch app.
take your favorite shows with you in your car.
preview shownotes without interrupting currently playing show (on older devices the same feature is available by long press).
sync subscriptions and playhead position. Pick subscribed shows on any of her iOS devices and resume playing from the point you left.
-AudioUnit API based custom player
for maximum performance and minimal battery drain.
our studio can go out of business but Castamatic will keep on working until there are podcasts to listen to on planet Earth.
Castamatic was coded using Swift from the ground up.
Subscription (in app purchase)
Castamatic is supported by advertising. A subscription is available to remove all ads.
Subscription title is "One Year Premium Subscription"
The duration of subscription is one year.
The price of subscription is 4.99 US dollars for one year of subscription, and can vary for different countries and currencies.
Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
Subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end
of the current period
Account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and
identify the cost of the renewal
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the
user’s Account Settings after purchase
Any unused portion of a free trial period, if offered, will be forfeited when the user purchases a subscription to that publication, where applicable
We don't feel confortable interrupting your listening experience to ask for reviews, but if you are feeling generous with your time please take a minute to leave a nice review. Thank you very much for your support.
Version 5.0.5 release notes
- Fixed invisible mini player preventing touches
- Fixed preferences reporting wrong archive size
- Fixed italian localization for onboarding
- Small layout fixes
- Fix for streaming returning to beginning of episode after pause when servers don't signal support for range requests in the http header.
- Minor improvements to onboarding page
- New modern UI
- Favorite episodes
- Italian localization
- Improved Carplay stability
- Fix for crash while doing background updates
- Fix for rare crash when launched in the background
- Fix for CarPlay navigation voice interruption causing multiple repeated rewinds
- Fix for reporting wrong duration of last chapter
- CarPlay improvements
- Open universal links in relative apps
- Minor bug fixes
- Fixed dark theme color issues
- Expandable podcast descriptions
- Minor bug fixes
- Improved episode descriptions
- Minor bug fixes
- Fix for downloads playlist persisting after downloads are finished
- Improved Siri shortcuts
- Improved watch complications
- Improved complications for new watches
- Improved transport UI
- Improved iCloud sync speed
- Fix for Siri shortcuts bug
- Fixed: Castamatic did download artwork disregarding podcast settings
- Current chapter's duration and remaining time in chapter list
- Minor bug fixes
- Improved UI for new watch models
- Added pause voice shortcut for Siri
- Support for Siri shortcuts
- New watchOS player UI with volume control
- Renewed player UI
- New Auto-leveler effect, with machine learning assisted voice/music detector and dynamic range optimizer.
- Improved sync: both contents and sort order of the OnTheGo playlist are synced between devices and restored when app is reinstalled.
- Improved UI better integrated with iOS 11 look and feel
- Multiple item drag’n drop
- Improved speed and stability
- Improved dark theme
- Improved podcast chapter support